Various Artists — 01482
A compilation of music by artists straight outta Hull. Released for Independent Label Week 2015. This release comes in a cardboard wallet, with a design inspired by the near-extinct White and Yellow Pages.
Digital copy available for free via Bandcamp.
Named after the city's dialling code, 01482 collects the very best of our label's recent output, with two tracks by each act on offer.
The compilation features Foolish Atoms, who are releasing their third album Earth and Ash on 9th November; La Bete Blooms (about to embark on a UK tour in support of their cassette double-A side singles Summer / Nothing Left But The Taste); My Pleasure, a favourite of BBC 6 Music after the release of his singles collection Your House Is Made of Nothing and You Are No One earlier this year; James Wood, the experimental multi-instrumentalist who conjures up thoughts of John Cale, Four Tet, Eric Dolphy, Neutral Milk Hotel and Ivor Cutler; and Matthew Hedley Stoppard & The Glass Delusion, with tracks from their live cassette displaying their unusual mix of spoken word and art-rock music, which were well-received by BBC 6 Music on release.
1. Foolish Atoms — The Harrowed North
2. Foolish Atoms — Start To Land
3. La Bête Blooms — Nothing Left But The Taste
4. La Bête Blooms — Everyday's The Same
5. My Pleasure — Haircuts
6. My Pleasure — Haunted House
7. James Wood — Can We Talk
8. James Wood — Doin' It For Jeff (Crooks & Claridge Remix)
9. Matthew Hedley Stoppard & The Glass Delusion — Exile (Live)
10. Matthew Hedley Stoppard & The Glass Delusion — Quite Contrary (Live)